CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Love covers.......

Girls,

I shared something with momma today and I couldn't help but think of you. We went over to Granny's house to begin going through her furniture, clothes, pictures and sentiments to prepare to move her into her new home at Wellington Place. Granny has been living with Mami and Big Daddy now for six months. She is in the mid to late stages of Alzheimers. We have spent many days with her in those six months and even before. I hold these memories so close and I pray the two of you have memories of her as you grow.
As momma (Mami) and I walked through the house and looked in each room for things that would be suitable, we ran across old pictures..........pictures of when Granny was young--my age now--when she had young children. I saw myself in her. I listend as momma told stories of special moments as we looked through those pictures and then again, when we went through drawers and found items of her past. We laughed a lot, but we also were silent a lot and I wondered was going through her mind. This has been so hard for Mami to go through. A mother and daughter's love is so deep and strong.
When I dropped her off at home, I hugged her and cried and told her how MUCH I loved her......how much of who I am is so intertwined with her. Watching her go through this and take care of Granny proves to me, once again, how much I want to be like her.
Then.......sweet girls, on the way home, all I could think of was the two of you and how much I love you. How I hope we have the kind of relationship that I have seen with Mami and Granny...and the kind of relationship that I share with Mami. We will have our rough times...... I know. You and I are different in many ways, but we will work through those differences. I want you to know I am committed to that.
There are moments that I mess up and I feel that I have failed you..........forgive me for those. There are times I feel that I don't deserve you. I will mess up again and again. However, what I cling to is something an old friend told me recently......."Love covers a multitude of sins". None of us are perfect.......we never will be........but our love for one another is timeless and forever and it will cover us.
This life is so short........you will be putting me in a home before you know it!!! So....let's enjoy the moments.........they will go so quickly. I love you....I love you.....I love you.

5 comments:

Lana said...

Maryann
Happened upon your blog... Don't know if you remember me from Harding and Kojies. YOur girls are so adorable. It was great to see your family:)

Christy said...

You are a wonderful mother and your girls TREASURE you (they may not always show it)

I pray for you and your mother as you go through this rough time together...prayers of strength...prayers of endurance...prayers of love...

Elizabeth said...

You know how much I love you...and your words to your girls remind me why. You are so genuine and they are blessed to have you as a Mommy. I love the relationship you have with Mami and Granny...so special. I'm glad you cherish it!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mother and your girls are very blessed to have you. They are going to enjoy reading your blog one day and all the beautiful words that you wrote to them.

Mary Alice said...

oh, maryann. i am just catching up on your posts. you are such a sweet, transparent spirit. one of these days, your girls will be so delighted to have such a treasure trove of words from their momma.

your love for them, for your family and for Jesus just shines through.

I love you, friend!