CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mealtime moments

I suppose it is because we are all somewhat still and focused on one another at the dinner table, but mealtime seems to hold some priceless (and rather profound) conversations. Here are just a few that have occured recently while we have been together.
Caroline, one night while eating with Wes and Camille, you looked up with a very surprised expression and said, "Wes! Your head moves when you eat!!!!" (Referring to the temples rising and falling when he chews!). Now, it is something we watch for often!!!

Caitlyn, I asked you to pray one night at dinner (I love hearing your prayers........). Caroline had recently been doing a lot of the praying and had been saying her "Superman" prayer she learned in school. We hold out our arms (like Superman) and sing, "We thank you God for giving us food, bless it, bless it." This night you were in a more quiet mood. You said you wanted to do the Superman prayer, so we all held out our arms. We waited..........silence. I asked you if you would start and you said, "Mommy, I'm praying in my mind tonight."

Finally, I had already gotten up from the table and was at the sink. Caitlyn, you were finished and were sitting with Caroline at the table, trying to help her get her nuggets down so the two of you could get dessert. Caroline wanted to try ketchup (you had just had it one other time). I couldn't see your faces, and all I heard was Caitlyn say, "Is it sour? Don't worry--you'll get used to it. Just keep trying it, you'll like it one day." Where have I heard those words before?

4 comments:

jenni said...

Precious!! I Love that you are doing this! I tried calling yesterday--I miss you! Hope your weekend away was good!
Love You!

Elizabeth said...

What sweet stories! Your girls are so funny...and soo girly! Love them!!

Christy said...

Caitlyn is always a good 'mom' and Caroline is so funny:)

Keep up the good work blogging...what about Gatlinburg?

maryann said...

Gatlinburg is coming!!! I promise to have pictures to post by Monday!