CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tantrums

Caroline..... today was one of those days. We were at home and I was trying so hard to get all the "stuff" put away from Christmas, organize the laundry so we could have some clean underwear and socks, and catch up on phone calls. Caitlyn was as happy as a lark watching TV, but you are not much of a TV girl. You do well playing by yourself for awhile, but then you have to have some one on one time. Mommy has a tendency to want to get to a stopping point before quiting (however that "stopping point" never really comes, does it?) and I was frustrating you. Right about the time you were losing all patience, Daddy yells that a pipe has burst in the garage! That did it.........your tired little eyes filled with tears. When you are sleepy, and life gets hard.........the tears turn to yelling and down you go--arms and legs flailing all the while. You have trouble making sense of words and almost nothing will appease you. These tantrums can get to dear old mom like nothing else and today all I wanted to do was throw one myself. Sleep does wonders for the spirit.........so after a sticker and a hug from Daddy, you and I layed down...you still crying and me wanting to....but oh, how resting and being quiet can calm life. How I will miss "nap time" one day!

1 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Oh, yay! This just makes my day. I am so happy that you are blogging and sharing your heart in this way.

I don't get to see you nearly enough but this will help to give me my MaryAnn fix a littlemore frequently.

Also, I apologize for not answering your facebook question. I JUST read it - I sort of swore off the internet before Christmas and am really going to try and limit myself in the New Year. I know there ia a healthy balance out there, I am just trying to find it!

You go girl - So glad you now have a blog and I look forward to learning from you!