CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Annual Gatlinburg Trip

Every year, after Christmas, we take off with all our family for a weekend together in Gatlinburg. We all stay in one big cabin and eat, rest, play games, talk, watch movies, and eat some more. It is one of my favorite weekends of the year. This year made year number eight and we had the most people we have ever had.... 12 adults and 3 children. Camille's parents went with us this year and we were so glad to have them. I didn't get a group picture this year, but here are a few I was able to capture. Making a gingerbread house..................



Waking up with Big Daddy!






One of your favorite things about the trip, is all the attention and affection you get from grandparents. (Really, it's one of my favorite things, too!)
We decided one day after breakfast to go horseback riding. Girls, you were both so excited, but when we got to the farm, Caroline, you decided against it and to stay with Mimi and Papa. Caitlyn, you rode with Daddy and did so well! It was good practice for learning to ride Dandy!!! Afterwards, you said, "I had such a good time, but my bottom sure is sore!" Mine was, too, babe. When we got back to the cabin later that night, you wanted to show the other girls what you did. So.........




Daddy made a great horse----they did this for about 45 minutes. Thank you, Daddy!!!!!

We had a wonderful time and are already looking forward to going back!!!!

5 comments:

jenni said...

Looks like such a fun trip...let's try & get together this week?!!
Keep up the good blogging work!

Deborah said...

Maryann--Elizabeth gave me your address, and I hope that's okay. She explained to me how you were doing your blog as a "memory book" of sorts for your girls. What a special thing! You are obviously a great mommy and I thank you beyond words for being a friend to my sister.

christy said...

Precious family time - that's the best thing ever! Daniel looked like he made a great horse! Love the pictures.

Kelly Litton said...

Your girls are so beautiful...and so old! It is fun catching up with you on this blog. I love how you are writing it to your girls. We love you guys and miss you!

Kelly Litton

Jamie Chitty said...

I can't get over how big the girls are getting. They are adorable.