CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The things you say...........

There have been so many things you girls have said that I have failed to write down that I have already forgotten and it makes me so sad. So.....in some attempt to remember, I want to record a few that I have gotten tickled over this summer.

Caroline---
We were sorting through clothes one day and making piles. You said, "Mommy, all of these are mine, jacept (except) this one".
We have been discussing what respect and disrespect means lately.... A LOT. You were playing with your dolls the other day and put one in time out. Daddy asked you why and you said, "She didn't aspect me!"
One night right before bed, you asked me to pick you up. We were hugging and then you pulled back, put your hands on my face and said, "You're my LOVE MAMA!!!"
Speaking of love, I love the way you say your sisters name........and I know I'll miss it when you get it right one day.........."Cakelin"

Caitlyn---
I realized how much I must say the word "hysterical" the other night when you were watching something on TV. You being laughing so hard and said, "Mommy, that was asterical!!!"
One morning we were eating breakfast. You didn't like what I had and asked why people liked different foods. I told you that everyone's taste buds were different and that we didn't all have to like the same things. Later that night you told me you didn't want any mashed potatoes because your "taste bugs" didn't like them.
I am always trying to get you girls to drink more water and I have explained that it is the healthiest thing to drink. You have also heard in church that Jesus is called "living water". So, one day in the car, Caroline didn't want her water, but wanted milk. You begin to explain that our bodies need lots of water to live and that the more water you drink, the more Jesus lives inside of you.

Oh, such precious words to my ears.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Awww, Maryann! These are precious. So glad you got them down. I've been the same way about not recording everything they say that melts my heart. One of my favorite things about my children, the precious things they say! Apparently this is true of every mother! Yeah for blogs that make documenting so easy!

Amy said...

Love it! I've neglected to write lots of things down that I thought I would remember!
We've also been having the taste bud discussion... Ethan only wants junk! He has taken to saying (usually at dinner with a sad cuddly disposition) "I don't know why God made me not to like good food!"

Elizabeth said...

Sweet, sweet stories, MA. So glad you wrote them down!

JulesR said...

You inspire me to remember to write down the sweet things that my girls say. I know that I have already forgotten so many of them! Of course all these sayings sound so much sweeter in their little voices!