CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The garden

Do you remember the picture of the garden we planted back in early May? Here it is now in July. It has been so fun to water it daily and watch the process. Here are some of the first veggies we picked. Even since taking this picture, we have enjoyed more tomatoes, which make for delicious BLT sandwhiches and Mommy has had fun looking for recipes I can use my fresh basil in. We are awaiting the cantaloups that are getting close to taking off the vine. Caroline, you are especially excited about this. "Melon" is your favorite fruit right now and one of the ONLY healthy things you devour!!! With the prices of fruits and veggies going up so much, it has been nice to save even a few dollars while tasting organic produce (I hardly ever buy organic at the store!)

Speaking of things growing, our neighbors brought over some of their handpicked blackberries from their bushes. So........we had to make them into something sweet. Here you are cutting out shapes for the crust for our blackberry cobbler. Oh, was it good with some vanilla ice cream!!!


I thought I would add this one. This was before church one Sunday.......styling with your new short hair. Caitlyn, you asked to cut yours really short. I agreed, but only to your shoulders...mommy still loves yours in a ponytail!!! I like this one, too, because it truly "looks" like the two of you adore each other. Of course, this is one of the rare shots I have gotten that hasn't involved one of you hitting or pushing the other. Mercy, sibling rivalry might just do me in!!!

8 comments:

jenni said...

the girls look so cute in the last picture!! we had so much fun today at the park--the kids did so well together!
it was nice to spend a few hours with you on such a nice, breezy day!
love you!

Kim said...

I love the matching dresses-what beautiful girls!

Whitney said...

Your garden looks great- I'm glad you are starting to get some wonderful veggies from it! My husband is so anxious to have a garden- hopefully when we move to a little bigger house!

Oh, and the matching dresses are precious!

Traci said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I love the matching dresses. I've gone private, let me know if you want to be a reader. tracij@conwaycorp.net

Traci

Elizabeth said...

What a cute picture of the girls there at the end. Sibling rivalry....friend, I feel your pain!

Amy said...

The girls look so sweet! And wow! What a pretty garden! I'm definitely wishing I had my own organic veggies this summer!!!

Lana said...

I wish I could grow some yummy vege like that. Your girls are so cute. I have gone private on my blog. If you want to read email me at lmoore75@yahoo.com

Deborah said...

Congratulations on a productive garden! Maybe you can teach me how to do it next year.

That last picture of the girls is precious!