CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Time to rest

We have been sick for a week. Actually, today is going on day eight. We have all been sick at different points and some of us, twice. It has not been easy at times being home bound. I realize at times like these, that I do like being on the go most of the time. At certain times I have had to really choose to be OK with being here and purposefully, being lazy. I don't want it to be that hard to relax and rest. I so want to pass down to you, girls, an example of a woman who knows when to stop and take care of her body and spirit. I want you to see me doing for others and being productive, but I also want you to learn how to do "nothing" and to be totally at peace with that occasionally. We need those times of stillness to rejuvenate our bodies and our minds to be ready to get back in the game we call life.
I can honestly say I am thankful for these "sick days". I am ready for all of us to feel better, but I hope when we are back to more fast pace days, we will more easily be able to slow and enjoy the quiet days at home.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry you all have been sick. Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Amy said...

Thank you for catching up on our blog... I didn't think anyone else but me would really want to see Jonathan's video... much less 3 times!! I'm sorry that you guys have been sick, but was excited to see that someone had even looked at my blog! haha Hope you guys are feeling better by now!