CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

1,825 days

My precious Caitlyn, you turned 5 today. I still just do not know how we got here. This morning after waking you up by singing Happy Birthday, you looked at me and said, "Mommy, how many days is 5 years"? It was amazing to me the number that came out of my mouth (after doing some quick math in my head).....1, 825 days. Oh, how those days have changed me! 1, 825 days of you being one of my first thoughts of the day. 1, 825 days of watching you learn new things. 1, 825 days of your sweet touches. 1, 825 days of hoping you see a little of who God is in Daddy and I. 1, 825 days of being so very proud of you. 1, 825 days of hope for your future. 1, 825 days of trying to understand a love that so mirrors God's love for us. 1, 825 days of doing what I have ALWAYS wanted to do-----be your mother. Reminiscing......................................you were three days old in this picture.

I let you choose the cake for your party....I'll have to admit, I wasn't too surprised at your choice!!! A perfect representation of your interests right now!!!


You are one happy girl!!!!!!!

This was the first year you were really interested in the cards. You wanted each one read to you and you really looked at each one for quite awhile.........most of them were covered in princesses, of course!


















Here you are modeling after opening your gifts.......my beautiful princess Caitlyn........with "glass" slippers and all (which was the one thing you asked for over and over).
Daddy and I came and ate lunch with you today at school and brought some treats for your classmates. You chose donut holes........we don't eat these very often, so they are a HUGE deal for you!!! We were even able to fit 5 candles in them and let you make a wish!!!!


Here's wishing and waiting for the next 1, 825 days! I love you , Caitlyn Denise Green.


5 comments:

christy said...

happy birthday Caitlyn! I'm not quite sure I can tell if your mommy loves you?!! (ha-ha) You must be one special little girl! (I mean big 5 year old girl!)

Deborah said...

Oh my, this made me cry! What a beautiful tribute to your little Caitlyn. Time goes by so fast, but it is evident to me that you are making the most of each moment that God allows you to be with those girls.

jenni said...

Happy Birthday sweet Caitlyn! I will never forget holding you when you first came home from the hospital & I was already pregnant with Jake but didn't know it! I remember how little & precious you were & trying to imagine what it would be like to have a baby of my own.

You are such a joy everytime I see you & I wish for a lifetime of love, happiness & princesses for you!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Caitlyn! I hope to get to know you better sometime in the near future!

Jamie Chitty said...

Happy Birthday Caitlyn!! I can't believe she is 5. Time flies.

Heidi told me that you guys met. I am so happy that you did. I was telling her about you guys. Take care of her in Nashville!!