CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Working Momma!

Well.....I have known about this for months now, but for some reason haven't brought myself to write about it to you yet. We've talked about it....off and on for months, too. I guess there is always just so much going on in your world and your life experiences that I want to blog about and share. This one, though, is significant in all of our worlds. I am going back to work!!
There has been a lot that has happened since Mother's Day and I will come back and catch up soon...but I wanted to record my feelings about this new season while they were very fresh.
I have been praying for over a year for God to make it clear as to where I needed to be headed...what my focus should be. I have been unsettled within for a good while....not in a bad way, just that I knew God was trying to open my eyes to something new. For a time I wondered if it was to have another child, for a time I wondered if I should indeed look for a job (outside the home), for a time I wondered if I should work for Daddy, or if I just needed to stop searching and stop questioning. Over this last year, God has made it increasingly clear that I was to step back into nursing. A job opened up that I could not say no to. It is for a physician that I have respected and loved now for 10 years.... Dr. Richard Presley. When I met him 10 years ago, I remember thinking how wonderful it would be to work for him. Truly, God's timing is always perfect.
I have had so many emotions since agreeing to take on this new position. Elation, doubt, fear, relief....yet overall peaceful and so very grateful. It will mean more time away from you two (only two and a half days), however, I feel like it will be so good for all of us. It will give you special time with grandparents and Daddy, and it will teach you that a mommy can do lots of different things. I look forward to the conversations it will provide and also the time for me to miss you....my time with you will be all the more valuable.
I look forward to feeling comfortable with our new schedule. It will take us awhile to get adjusted and sometimes those "getting adjusted" weeks can be difficult. My prayer is that it will be smooth and enjoyable for all of us and that in no time, it will feel like a very peaceful routine.
I became a nurse to do just this....work part time and be mommy. I guess it is just hard to believe the time has come to live that out.
God, bless this transition. You know what we need and we are open to your leading and your instruction. You have always been Faithful in every new endeavor and I want you to know I trust you. Help us all to feel your loving presence in a powerful way over the next few weeks, as life begins to take on a new look. Be right in the center of all we do. Thank you for this new opportunity of growth.

4 comments:

the Wilbecks said...

You guys are all going to be great! I am so excited for you, and will pray for a smooth transition.

Amy said...

I think working for a few hours a week is really healthy for the momma... and the kiddos! Having adult conversations, engaging your brain, and feeling a certain sense of achievement really help the time spent at home to feel more meaningful! AND the kids love hanging out with their grandparents more often!! :) Hope everything goes well during this transition! Keep us posted...

Elizabeth said...

It's gonna be great! They are blessed to have you in that office!

christy said...

wow! I just read up on this! what a big step - I'm so proud of you. I know so many will be blessed by your knowledge and compassion as a nurse. congrats - hope things are going well. I know you'll do great =)