CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A memorable moment

You both were at school today when our new president, Barack Obama, took the oath to be the 44th president of the United States of America. As I stood alone in the living room and listened to his amazing speech of hope and change, I thought, "This is a moment I will remember."
It is a very special and long day coming for many people, especially African Americans. Barack Obama is the first African American president in the history of our country. One day this will mean a lot to you. One day, you will be sitting in History class reading about this very day. It is neat for me to think about.
For me, it is another new beginning and you know how I feel about those. We don't know what is coming for out nation. We are in bleek economic times, yet our country is still so blessed. I look forward to seeing what changes happen in our country. It is a time for us to ask a lot of questions. How do we spend our money? How do we spend our time? Whose life are we seeking to make better today? To change a country, it starts with one person and is a ripple effect. I pray the ripple effect is a good one and is one you, girls, will be able to be apart of as you grow. I pray we can be more united, be more compassionate, be more giving and more loving towards all people and towards this world God has given us to live on.

2 comments:

jenni said...

and this is why you are & will always be one of my very favorite/precious friends on this earth & in my lifetime.

i love you for everything you are & everything you will be....

Kim said...

Amen.