CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm getting married

Something happened last week that I HAVE to write down so we ALL won't forget.
Last Thursday, Daddy picked you up from school, Caitlyn. When you got in the car the very first thing you said, with complete seriousness, was, "Daddy, Ryan and I fell in love today." Daddy had a smile on his face, but when he realized how serious you were, he TRIED to keep a straight face. You proceeded on, "I feel really sad, though, because he will have to break up with Callie and she is my friend." Daddy just listened. "We are going to get married, so I was thinking about letting Callie be the flower girl in the wedding. We are going to meet about it on the playground tommorrow."
When you got home, you told me about it as well when I was getting supper ready. We talked about your decision and I reminded you that girlfriends usually are in your life for a very long time and that I would be very careful with your decision. (Inside I am laughing, but quite heavy, for I thought we wouldn't be having a discussion like this for a few more years!!!)
The next day, when I picked you up from school I asked how your meeting went. You said, "Well, not good at first. Callie was really upset at both of us, but later, in the coatroom she hugged me and said, "You deserve him."
Whew....glad that fued didn't last too long. I am interested to see how today went and if you are still thinking about marriage or if more important things are on your mind.....like, what snack I brought you to eat!!!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my...I guess Christian has lost his place.

jenni said...

oooooo-you are going to have your hands full in a few years!!! guess that's why she was acting all shy around jake!

looking forward to thursday--what can i bring??!!

love you!

christy said...

too cute!
And I love the new picture - they are beautiful =)

Elizabeth said...

That story makes me laugh, but also TOTALLY freaks me out!!! I'm so not ready for that!

Deborah said...

Oh my word! That is so funny. I would LOVE to know how the little boy plays into all of this.

JulesR said...

Love the new picture of your girls! The story of Caitlyn is so funny! Alyssa has recently started talking about a certain little boy at school saying that he is her boyfriend. I told her that yes he is a boy, and he is her friend.

Kim said...

That is so precious!