CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I love your Daddy!!!

A few weekends ago Daddy and I decided to take a little get away trip. We TRY to do this once or twice a year, so we can really focus on one another. WE LOVE being your mommy and daddy every single day--it is one of the greatest gifts on earth, but it is so good for the two of us to have some time alone. The two of you had an absolute ball with Mammi and Big Daddy and Mimi and Papa. Caitlyn, Mammi even took you on your first "Big Girl" school shopping trip!! We missed you so much but we had a wonderful time at the beach. Here we are laughing at each other at a new resteraunt we tried...The Back Porch. We will definitely go back there again. It was such a great family place that sits right on the beach with a really fun playground area.

Some sweet friends of ours, Mr. Phillip and "Mrs."Jenni (Jake and Evan's mommy and daddy) went with us. "Mrs." Jenni is a true beach lover like me and we had such a relaxing time sitting and watching the waves, talking, and reading a great book that I want you to read someday, "The Shack." I always feel so close to God when I am at the beach. I hope you two will come to feel that way, too!!!

Here is our set up on the beach...even Daddy laid out for awhile!!!! He and Mr. Phillip played golf one day and then the next day, rented floats and rode the waves for hours. They even got the two of us mommy's out there.........which really ended up being a great way to stay in the water!!!

We were tired after being in the sun and took naps. Daddy hardly ever gets to do this!!!!

On our last night there, we dressed up and had a very special dinner out at one of my favorite restaurants in SanDestin...the Bistro Bijoux. You probably don't recognize me with my hair straight. "Mrs. Jenni" fixed it for me while we were there. I will have to really practice to get it as straight as she did.

I want both of you to know how very much I love your Daddy. He has so many qualities I pray you learn from and possess yourself one day. What a blessing he is to me and what a blessing this time away was!!!

7 comments:

jenni said...

i love your post!!! i was re-living the trip while reading!

i love the first picture--i knew when i took it that it was sweet & i love the last--i think both of the pictures sum up what a great marriage you have and a great example for the girls to see!

love you much!

christy said...

MaryAnn,
OH MY GOODNESS!!! You look GORGEOUS!!! (not that you don't look gorgeous everyday!) But I had to do a double take just to make sure that was you!! Your straight hair made you look so different! I bet Daniel felt like he was with another woman!!=)
Whenever you are ready let's buy our beach houses next door to each other and just live forever on the beach!
just mommy/daddy get-a-aways are so much fun! Glad you guys were able to go!
Great pictures!
love you...

Danna Ramsey said...

Oh Maryann, love this. One of the greatest things we do for our girls is love their daddies! Plus, I am completely green with envy! One of these days, Jeff and I will get out of the house ... :)

Kim said...

Oh MaryAnn, this is so sweet. How great to get away with your honey!
The two of you look great together. I like your hair-curly or straight. Must be nice to wear it either way!

Amy said...

I know I've already commented on your straight hair on facebook, but I just love it! And oh how fun it must have been to have Jenni play with your hair like the kind of stuff we do when we're little! I'm definitely jealous, not just of your beach get-away, but it really makes me miss all of our friendships there in Nashville! Maybe that will spur me on to make the big plunge and move back... maybe! =D

Traci said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. It's so nice to have that time together.

JulesR said...

I have to echo Christy in saying how gorgeous you look in those pictures! I have never seen you with straight hair before. It is nice that you can wear it either way and it looks great!

I am so glad that you and Daniel get to have little trips together. It is very important to have that alone time and to catch up on that much needed sleep and relaxation!

I miss you guys!